[Insight-developers] Purify errors

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:20:35 -0500

I would call Fill() on the parameters in the constructor of the
CostFunctions

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Ibanez
To: Miller, James V (CRD)
Cc: Insight-developers (E-mail)
Sent: 3/6/2002 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] Purify errors

Jim,

It seems that we have several of the UMR purify errors on the new
structure for
CostFunctions and ImageMetrics.

Right now, the CostFunction has ivars for Derivatives (an itk::Array)
and for
parameters.  Those arrays are not initialized until somebody call
GetDerivative();

That doesn't seems to be a problem because the only way to get access to
the
Derivative is through this method and it will take care of initializing
the Derivative
with the actual current value.

However, it will be just fine to initialize the derivative in the
Constructor by
calling Fill(0) on it. Another option is to include the initialization
in the itk::Array.
constructor. The drawback of this last option is that it will add some
time penalty
at construction time for the Arrays. The advantage is that this will
cover all the
classes using itk::Arrays .

Comments ?