[Insight-developers] wrapping Itk for Tcl

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:10:10 -0500 (EST)

Josh,

> Is there documentation somewhere that describes wrapping Itk (for Tcl)
> using Cable?
If you turn on ITK_WRAP_TCL, several example wrappers will be turned on in
Wrapping/Tcl (and many in the testing directories).  After building, you
should be able to add build-dir/Wrapping/Tcl to your TCLLIBPATH
environment variable (space separated list of paths).  Then, you should be
able to use "package require xxx", where xxx is one of:

VXLNumericsTcl
ITKCommonTcl
ITKBasicFiltersTcl
ITKAlgorithmsTcl

Read the CMakeLists.txt files in Wrapping/Tcl/* to see what is wrapped
into these packages.  We have yet to decide on a standard set of wrappers
or write example scripts.

All of this assumes that you have GCC-XML and CABLE installed.  Their
homepages are

http://public.kitware.com/GCC_XML
http://public.kitware.com/Cable

You have to use the release tarball or executable of GCC-XML.  The current
CVS version does not work with CABLE right now.

I have yet to write ITK-specific instructions for Tcl wrapping in an
official documentation spot.  I'm hoping to get feedback from developers
that try to use it before doing so.  There is also a partial GCC-XML/CABLE
re-write in progress that will hopefully make everything a bit smaller and
cleaner.

-Brad