[Insight-developers] Users joining

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd . ge . com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:04:59 -0400

I'm a little concerned about injecting instability at this point. Most of us are working hard on our
validation studies. We should only be making bug fixes for the most part.

Maybe we should have them:
1) Do NO refactoring
2) Fix bugs
3) Add completely new algorithms.

Tcon access is fine. I'm not sure if we have a limit on users. Also, as Sayan mentioned, if they are
international, they may have trouble connecting.

If we want to pursue this, we need to get buy in from Terry and each PI.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Sayan Pathak [mailto:spathak@insightful.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 1:22 PM
To: Luis Ibanez; Insight Developers
Subject: RE: [Insight-developers] Users joining

I think TCON would be fine since they could give valuable input. If these users are international
callers, I am not sure how it would work though.

Regarding write access, if these high profile users check in code that works fine we will be greatly
benefited. If things in the dashboard start going red, and these users promptly fix things, that too
is highly acceptable to me. But if things go red and the users are not interested in fixing the
problem, how are we going to take care of the situation? As long as we have an acceptable answer, I
think it would help us expanding the toolkit, in the true spirit of open source software.

my 2 cents,
Sayan