[Insight-developers] Passing arrays of parameters around: ad ding itk::FixedArray<> ?

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:36:07 -0500

Do we want FixedArray and Array or an Array (which is fixed) and a DynamicArray?

Or would DynamicArray lead people to believe that they could change its length
after constructor time?

The reason I ask is that I will probably be writing a DynamicJoinImageFilter which would join N input
images forming a vector image whose length is not known at the time the filter is constructed, making
it different from the current JoinImageFilter. I am wondering if I should pick a different name.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Ibanez [mailto:luis.ibanez@kitware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 8:23 AM
To: Lydia Ng
Cc: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] Passing arrays of parameters around:
adding itk::FixedArray<> ?

How about adding a variant of itk::Array<>, templated only over
the representation type and defining the Dimension (once and for all)
at construction time ( a bit like the vnl_vector_fixed class ).

We could rename the current itk::Array<>  as itk::FixedArray<> and
add this new variant. Its code will be almost a copy of the current
itk::Array<>.

     Luis