[Insight-developers] MetaImage

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:12:39 -0400

Hi,

I added typenames to Statistics/itkTableLookup..something.... I think
the GaussianMinimumErrorClassifier use to not be built on ct02_oc.crd.
Since it is now being built on that machine, IRIX's typename errors were
found.  I still don't understand why they weren't found on kulu during
the nightly.   For the record, those errors weren't with MetaImage ;)  I
hope I got them checked-in early enough to see results from a continuous
build before the nightly....I really really hope so.....

About metaImage, the switch to the new MetaIO library appears to be
nearly done (I am getting rid of the last of the warnings). The
new library supports voxel spacing info, vector images, data stored
slice-by-slice, and more - see the Examples/MetaImageImporter program to
create a meta-header file to point to your data so that your data can be
loaded as a metaImage. Dicom, bmp, and many other type of files can even
be loaded via metaImage.  The full documentation will be online
tomorrow.   A simple view is provided in MetaImageViewer if you have
FLTK.   Since the data can be stored in a different file than the
header, any program that can read raw data can read a metaImage.

In your code, loading a metaImage is exactly the same as before if you
use the object factory, but the library to link with is MetaIO instead
of MetaImage.  The necessary directories are automatically specified.

I'd like to remove the Auxiliary/metaImage directory in a few days.

Thanks!
Stephen

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695