[Insight-developers] REGISTER_TESTS

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:27:01 -0400

At 08:42 AM 4/23/2002 -0400, Miller, James V (Research) wrote:
>I guess my problem was that I wanted each of the "repeated"
>tests to show up in the text menu.  With only one REGISTER_TEST
>call, the "test function" is listed only once in the text menu.
>
>I guess is it really a difference between what is a "test" (Dart)
>and what is a "test entry point" or "test function" (REGISTER_TEST).
>
>I guess at a minimum it would be nice to be able to indicate whether
>a test needs additional arguments and either (1) not list these tests
>in the text menu, or (2) once a test is selected from the test menu
>it prompts for the additional arguments.

What about this:
if the test name is not found but there are arguments to the program,
then show the menu.   Once the menu selection is made, pass the arguments.

So you could do this:
testDriver test2_arg1 test2_arg2

Then select test1 in the menu.

On the other hand, you can use ctest to run the Dart named tests and not
have to worry about the menu stuff at all.

In my example, you could run each test like this:

ctest -R test1
ctest -R test2
ctest -R test3

-Bill