[Insight-developers] fltkLightButton behavior

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:46:43 -0400

Can you describe the pipeline from start to finish...

-----Original Message-----
From: Damion Shelton [mailto:dmshelto@andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 1:25 PM
To: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] fltkLightButton behavior

Per Luis's suggestion, I've added fltkLightButtons to my application to
monitor the status of the pipeline. Here's the behavior:

After application load: all buttons grey

If I click on each button at this point it turns yellow (I did not set a
callback). According to an earlier email yellow means StartEvent() - this
is a bit confusing because nothing is happening in the pipeline at this
point.

If I hit the update button (which calls Update() on the last member of the
pipeline). The buttons then update as expected (i.e. they turn from yellow
to green as the pipeline execution progesses). Keep in mind that this is
without modifying any members of the pipeline.

If I _do_ modify a pipeline member, it's color changes to red (like it's
supposed to) and hitting update results in greens across the board after
execution. At this point, hitting update again does nothing (as expected),
since nothing has been modified.

So, it seems like somehow the pipeline is re-executing when all of the
filters are tagged yellow (start event). Any ideas?

Btw, the button is pretty cool - very nice debugging tool.

-Damion-