[Insight-developers] ImageRegion utility functions

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:01:57 -0400

Lydia Ng wrote:

> Is adding an OffsetTable to ImageRegion acceptable to everyone?
>
> [3] Once this functionality is inside region one can possibly remove
> them from ImageBase itself and defer the calculation to the
> BufferedRegion? Do people want me to change ImageBase or do they
> want it left the way it is?

I don't see any problem with doing this.

An additional change to keep in mind is that this will involve the
iterators too.

Iterators (also for performance reasons) get a copy of the image
OffsteTable.

If the OffsetTable is removed from the ImageBase class and passed
to the ImageRegion, the iterators will have to get the OffsetTable
from the region instead of the ImageBase.

That's not a problem at all since the iterator is constucted from
and image an a region anyways.  Good news is that only the base
classes for the Iterators keep these OffsetTables.

    Luis