[Insight-developers] points in regions

Brian B Avants avants@grasp.cis.upenn.edu
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:01:53 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I have a question wrt subsets of regions.

What is the right (itk) way to define some irregular (i.e. not expressible
by some simple function) subset of a region?

Currently, I simply define the exact indices I want, e.g. for a 3x3
region, i may want only indices 0, 5 and 8.  Then those indices are kept
in a vector which is used to access the specific points in the region.

This is fine everywhere, except near borders where the indices do not
correspond to the same points in the region.  I always define a buffer
around the image to eliminate this issue.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Brian