[Insight-developers] developers outside the consortium...

Terry S. Yoo yoo@fluorite.nlm.nih.gov
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:06:58 -0400 (EDT)

Okay... we're seeing mail from folk outside the consortium.
I have not given out the mailing list address, nor did I
believe that the CVS repository was open to others, yet.

So, we now have two people on the list who are not inside
the consortium (one swiss and one german, if I read the
e-mail addresses correctly).

1.  Is the CVS repository open for downloads?  Should it be?
2.  Is there someone replying to these e-mails?  Who?  If not,
    should there be someone replying to these e-mails?  Who?
3.  One of them requested information on how to compile ITK for
    a Macintosh running OS-X.  While I have a particular interest
    is knowing the same information, I am unaware of our support for
    OS-10.  What is the answer for these folk?
4.  Finally, shouldn't we have a separate e-mail address for this
    sort of participant?  Is there and alpha-testers mailing list
    yet?  Didn't we decide to create one?

I don't have a problem with folk working with ITK even in this stage.
In fact, I think that it will make things better to be open as soon
as possible.  Still, I also believe that we can easily get sucked into
fighting fires too early.  I also believe that unless we figure out how
to address these issues and have a person or mechanism in place, it will
be easy to drop many of them on the floor.  At at time when we want
more users to be happy, I think that goodwill is a priority.  Dropping
things is not in our best interests, I think.

So, I'll answer these two, but I need answers to some of the questions
above.  Where should they point their mailers in the future?  Is ITK
public?  eh?

help.  please.

Terry

Terry S. Yoo, Ph.D.
National Library of Medicine                  National Institutes of Health
High Performance Computing and Communications               yoo@nlm.nih.gov