[Insight-developers] code changes

Vikram Chalana vikram@statsci.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:27:12 -0800

Paul,

	One of the things we agreed upon during our tcon today was that at this
stage of our development any non-minor change in a class should be made with
at least the original author's acquiescence. The author might be working on
those changes himself or these changes might break other code that relies on
the integrity of the changed class. Of course, the person making the change
should ensure that all tests that depend on the changed class still pass...

Thanks,
Vikram

-----Original Message-----
From: insight-developers-admin@public.kitware.com
[mailto:insight-developers-admin@public.kitware.com]On Behalf Of Paul
Hughett
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 10:31 AM
To: lng@statsci.com
Cc: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] code changes

> Now that there are a significant number of algorithm classes checked
> in.  I just wanted to poll people's opinion on the procedure modifying
> the shared code.

The cvs watch command provides for automatic notification of changes to
a file in the repository.  Perhaps we should also interpret the list of
watchers (available from cvs watchers) as the list of people who are
interested enough in that file to want advance notification of any
major changes and to get bug reports for that file.

Paul Hughett