[Insight-developers] Alpha Testers...

Terry S. Yoo yoo@fluorite.nlm.nih.gov
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all...

*shoot*  I finally get back from travel and vacation and get all of my
stuff together for a tcon, and we cancel it.

Hmmpf.

So, the things that I had that shouldn't wait:

I have contacted all of the alpha testers: we were shooting for 6, we
listed 8.  Of the eight that I contacted, I have five positive replys.
Below I am listing the alpha testers we have contacted, their likely
strengths, and the original volunteer shepards from among the
developers.  Remember, you all agreed to this in April.

Brian Athey (Michigan,Pitt) - large data - Lorensen
    bleu@umich.edu
Russ Taylor (Hopkins, CMU, BWH, MIT) - Slicer - Udupa
    rht@cs.jhu.edu
Rich Robb (Mayo) - interface to external package - Chalana
    rar@mayo.edu
Sandy Napel, Dev (Stanford)- Whitaker
    snapel@stanford.edu
Allison Noble IRC (Oxford, Kings College) - Target Jr - Hoffman, Stetten
    noble@robots.ox.ac.uk

We have not heard yet from the following.

Chuck Stewart (RPI), registration - Brad
    stewart@cs.rpi.edu
Jim Duncan (Yale) - Steve, Dimitri
    Duncan@noodle.med.yale.edu
Vic Spitzer (Colorado) = Lorensen
    vic.spitzer@uchsc.edu

So, action items:

1.  Lorensen, Udupa, Chalana, Whitaker, and Hoffman/Stetten should
    begin coordinating the distribution of tarballs, make contact
    with the specified testers, and begin the process.  They're
    waiting for your e-mail.  That's one person from each contract,
    so far, so I think it's a fair distribution of work.

2.  Vikram, please close the bug from the buglist that says I have to
    contact folk.

3.  Everyone please remember that validation plans are due on 30
    September 2001.  I think that I've been talking about September
    quite loosely.  Having checked the work assignments, that
    deliverable is due 30 Sep.

Questions?

Mee

Terry S. Yoo, Ph.D.
National Library of Medicine                  National Institutes of Health
High Performance Computing and Communications               yoo@nlm.nih.gov