[Insight-developers] Linux Errors: including itkWindows.h

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:57:45 -0400

We are checking...

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hughett [mailto:hughett@mercur.uphs.upenn.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 2:41 PM
To: ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Cc: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] Linux Errors: including itkWindows.h

> Linux is not building right now (the two at GE,
> the one at kitware with gcc 3.0 is doing ok).

My Linux system (RedHat 7.1, gcc 2.95.3) is compiling ITK with no
problems.

>  in itkMutexLock.h the include for itkWindows
>  is nested in a conditional ifdef:  ITK_USE_WIN32_THREADS

> The current error message seems to be related
> with MutexLock, so maybe the ITK_USE_WIN32_THREADS is
> active (by accident) in these linux boxes.

Looks that way to me, too.  My CMakeCache.txt file contains the following
lines about threading:

//Use HP pthreads
CMAKE_HP_PTHREADS:BOOL=0

//Thread library used
CMAKE_THREAD_LIBS:STRING=-lpthread

//Use the pthreads library
CMAKE_USE_PTHREADS:BOOL=1

If your CMakeCache.txt file contains something else, that might indicate
where the problem is.

Paul Hughett