[Insight-developers] propagating region size changes through the pipeline

Joshua Cates cates@cs.utah.edu
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:21:09 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

I am having pipeline troubles.  I cannot get the pipeline to propagate
changes to the size of output regions on updates.

Consider the pipeline:

 myFileReader -> myFilter -> myFileWriter

And the code

for (i = 1 to 10)
  myFileReader->SetFileName(myInputData.i)
  myFileWriter->SetFileName(myOutputData.i)
  myFileWriter->Update()

The trouble is that not every data set myInputData.i is the same size.
When myFileReader reads a new file, it defines the region sizes in
GenerateOutputRequestedRegion (also in UpdateOutputInformation(), though I
don't know if this is necessary?).

When I print myFilter->GetInput()->GetRequestedRegion(), this region is
correct.  myFilter->GetOutputRegion()->GetRequestedRegion(), however, is
still the same as in the previous execution of the pipeline.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Josh.

 Josh Cates