FW: [Insight-developers] Build Errors: AffineTransform, MRASlabIdentifier,GibbsPriorFilter, QuaternionRigid

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:01:49 -0400

--=====================_-1103825617==_.ALT

Ok, but why do files get "checked in" before the re-factoring
is finished?  The system should not be in a state where it does
not compile for TWO WEEKS!   I just went back in the dashboards,
and it has been 14 days since someone could cvs checkout Insight
and build with no syntax errors.

 From time to time, it is necessary to check-in half completed work,
(need to test it on another machine, need to have others fix up code
after a re-work of some part of the system.)
but as a rule of thumb it should be fixed up enough so that it at least
compiles within a day.

We can not have a system that is broken for weeks at a time.   When the
system is like this, new errors get checked in, because people get used
to a red dashboard.

-Bill

At 05:39 PM 8/14/2001 -0700, Lydia Ng wrote:

>ImageToImageRigidMutualInformationGradientDescentTest and
>MultiResolutionMutualInformationRigidRegistrationTest are not building
>due to the RegistrationTransform refactoring.
>QuaternionRigidTransform was removed in the process. Luis is working
>on a replacement. Hopefully, all will be resolve when the replacement gets checked in.
>
>I will be away for a couple of weeks - I will check on remnant issues when I
>get back.
>
>Lydia

Ok, but why do files get "checked in" before the
re-factoring
is finished?  The system should not be in a state where it does
not compile for TWO WEEKS!   I just went back in the dashboards,
and it has been 14 days since someone could cvs checkout Insight
and build with no syntax errors.

From time to time, it is necessary to check-in half completed work,