[Insight-developers] Mesh and PointSet template parameters

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:28:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, all:

As we discussed in Friday's Tcon, I have added a dimensionality template
argument to the Mesh and PointSet classes (default is 3 dimensions
for now).  The old MeshTraits argument is now the third template
parameter.  This should make it much easier to change the dimension of a
mesh.  Now, you can just do:

itk::PointSet<float>     // Still has old behavior = 3 dimensions.
itk::PointSet<float, 2>  // 2-d point set.

itk::Mesh<float>         // Still has old behavior = 3 dimensions.
itk::Mesh<float, 2>      // 2-d mesh.

Note that you no longer have to specify the Mesh traits class to change
the dimension.

-Brad