[Insight-developers] First crack at usage documentation

Paul Hughett hughett@mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:23:22 -0500

> I really think that a modern graphical editor should be used.
> What about Word, and StarOffice for opensource.   We could
> save the files in Work 6.0 or RTF, and make sure that it stays
> working in Staroffice.

What about the mathematical content of our work, particularly in the
algorithms sections?  Last time I looked into these issues, nothing
except TeX and its derivatives did an acceptable job.

Re the earlier comment on DocBook:

I looked into DocBook for some of my own documentation and didn't find
it satisfactory.  For a lot of the stuff we're likely to be writing, there
is such a high ratio of markup to content that a person with ordinary
patience needs special editors to successfully write anything significant.

Paul Hughett