[Insight-developers] Preconditions / Exceptions / Code values

Luis Ibanez ibanez@cs.unc.edu
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:26:14 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Paul Hughett wrote:

> A further point:  Unless you are being a lot trickier than appears on the
> surface, the local static values implied by
>
>  void  SetPoint(  const Point<dimension, double> & coordinates );
>  bool  IsPointInside( void ) const;
>  TPixelType  GetPixel( void ) const;
>
> are not going to be thread-safe.  What happens if two different threads
> are using these methods at the same time on the same image?

Oops!!
My mistake,
that sequence of three call will not survive a concurrent access.

I guess that the only option left is to use exceptions...

Thanks for pointing this out.

Luis