[Insight-developers] CMake / ITK build process

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Aug 31 18:29:08 EDT 2000

I have reworked the build process for ITK.
I have created a package called CMake (Cross platform make).
It is in Insight/CMake, and it includes all the makefile.in
and c++ source for the build process of ITK.

I have also updated and integrated the install documentation with the
InsightStart.doc in Insight/Documents.   The InsightStart.doc
is also now available on the main ITK web page from the
top level (as a link):

http://public.kitware.com/Insight/HTMLPrivate/

Here is the direct link to InsightStart on the web:
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/HTMLPrivate/InsightStart.html

(BTW, You can use your cvs login and password to get into the private
web page area.)

The build process is almost the same as it was.  However,
a few names have changed (pcbuilder -> CMakeSetup).
Also, Makefile.in is no longer used to list the files you want
built.  The file used is CMakeLists.txt, which can no be found
in place of the old Makefile.in files.

As always, let me know if there are any problems.
I still have not fixed the Release build on windows.

-Bill