[Imstk-users] Attaching objects to the camera controller

Sreekanth Arikatla sreekanth.arikatla at kitware.com
Wed Mar 8 17:16:14 EST 2017

I agree, it should be similar to camera controller. I set a flag to track
which device is already updated in a given frame so that each client is
updated once per frame.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Alexis Girault <alexis.girault at kitware.com>
wrote:

> There is an option in VTK to instantiate a light as a headlight, but I
> don't know if we have the interface for that in iMSTK.
>
> You can attach objects, cameras by connecting their controller to the same
> device, I believe Sreekanth did some work on this to optimize it so that
> the controllers wouldn't need to recompute the values if they share the
> same device client, but you might want to check with him. As far as lights
> go, we don't have a controller class for them yet, but that would be easy
> to implement and have it work the same way than the others.
>
> Alexis Girault
> R&D Engineer in Medical Computing
> Kitware, Inc.
>
> http://www.kitware.com
> (919) 969-6990 x325
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Milef, Nicholas Boris <milefn at rpi.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to attach objects to the camera controller? I would like
>> to be able to attach a light to it, and I'm not sure if this is already
>> something that's been done.

Sreekanth Arikatla, Ph.D.,
Senior R&D Engineer,
Kitware, Inc. <http://www.kitware.com>, Carrboro, NC.