[Imstk-developers] high-speed thread in iMSTK

Milef, Nicholas Boris milefn at rpi.edu
Thu Jun 22 16:00:09 EDT 2017

The problem with that is that if one thread runs faster than another, then it might not be updated on a certain thread. For instance, if the physics thread keep acquiring the mesh data, then the mesh data will never update on the render thread (or vice-versa).

What if we used a job-based approach? That way we would only need to lock the job submission and not the mesh data. I'm trying to think ahead for when we move normal computation or mesh interpolation to another thread (more times for contention). Logging is already on another thread, so that adds even more contention if you try to print mesh data.

http://seanmiddleditch.com/multi-threaded-game-engines/