[Imstk-developers] high-speed thread in iMSTK

Sreekanth Arikatla sreekanth.arikatla at kitware.com
Thu Jun 8 16:17:15 EDT 2017

Hi Zhaohui,
                  I'm guessing you are using phantom omni. If so yes, it
has its own servo thread that starts after hdStartScheduler() call. Its
rate is much higher and can be set with hdSetSchedulerRate() but is left to
the default value in iMSTK. The forces are still updated at 60-70 Hz but
applied in zeroth-order hold fashion.

Unfortunately the debug mode runs much slower. I'm not aware of any other
way than setting the VS flags for speed
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k1ack8f1.aspx>. You may also try
(if possible) using small mesh to debug code and run actual mesh in
release.

Sreekanth Arikatla, Ph.D.,
Senior R&D Engineer,
Kitware, Inc. <http://www.kitware.com>, Carrboro, NC.