[Imstk-developers] high-speed thread in iMSTK

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Thu Jun 8 13:28:52 EDT 2017

Zhaohui

Can you profile your code and let us know the key performance bottlenecks
in iMSTK?

This is something Dr. Des is also interested. We will be exploring ways of
accelerating some of the modules.

thanks
Andinet

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Zhaohui Xia <unihui at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Do we have a high-speed thread (e.g. 1000HZ) in iMSTK? I tried different
> modules e.g VRPNDeviceServer (device) and SceneMange (main thread), but the
> maximum frame rates of them are 60-70HZ under Release mode.
>
> I also tried to set the Loopdelay to 0.001 or smaller (from my understand,
> its default value is 0 should have the fastest speed, but it also 60-70HZ).
>

> Thanks,
>
> Zhaohui

Andinet Enquobahrie, Ph.D., MBA
Director of Medical Computing
Kitware, Inc.

http://www.kitware.com
(919) 969-6990 x311 <%28919%29%20969-6990%20x311>