[Imstk-developers] Light Types

Milef, Nicholas Boris milefn at rpi.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:34:48 EST 2017

I was looking through the light class and I saw we have two light types: SCENE_LIGHT and  HEAD_LIGHT. Is it possible for us to rename the SCENE_LIGHT to SPOT_LIGHT or POINT_LIGHT depending on how it's used? I understand VTK names them this way, but this isn't common practice. Usually in CG, there are three common light types: point lights, spot lights, and directional lights. A head light would just be a spotlight centered at the camera.

Also, for implementing PBR, I will need to implement environmental light types, and that could get confused with scene lights.