[Imstk-developers] Default renderer

Alexis Girault alexis.girault at kitware.com
Tue Jan 3 12:38:26 EST 2017

Hi Nick,

Indeed we'll have VTK as default, however the switch between VTK and Vulkan
can be made at configuration time in CMake with a variable like
'USE_Vulkan` defaulted to OFF. Based on this cmake variable we can then
download/compile VTK or Vulkan+dependencies and define pre-compilation
variables to use VTK or Vulkan c++ code.

I described the process a couple weeks ago on your merge request here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/iMSTK/iMSTK/merge_requests/111/diffs#9a2aa4db38d3115ed60da621e012c0efc0172aae_139_152

Best,

Alexis Girault
R&D Engineer in Medical Computing