[IGSTK-Users] Pivot Calibration

Jack Foley Moore jackfmoore at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 16:36:00 EST 2017

I’m currently trying to change our tool calibration method for a live imaging software, which uses the igstkPivotCalibrationFLTKWidget class, and I’m struggling to get an accurate pivot point because of the shape of the tool I’m using.
The tool isn’t shaped in an L shape, in which the tracker is attached to a roughly 6 inch tool where at the end the tip of the tool goes perpendicular to the tool and sticks out about another inch.  This is very different than the shape of the tool described in the IGSTK book in the example, and our final pivot point is usually off by about 2-3mm in the direction of the tracker.
Has anyone encountered this problem as well and found a solution?
Thank you,
Jack Moore