[IGSTK-Users] Webcam question

Frederic Perez frederic.perez at alma3d.com
Thu Jun 6 06:19:25 EDT 2013

Hello igstk-users,

I've downloaded the material for the nice “Introduction To Image Guided
Navigation Using the Image-Guided Surgery Toolkit (IGSTK)”, Ö. Güler, Z.
Yaniv (thank you both for your effort and for making it publicly available).

In order to reproduce the Image-Guided "Biopsy" (as it is called in the
Presentations/IGI-Users.pptx document), a webcam is required, and it is
stated that one should "Disable auto-focus if your webcam has this feature."

I plan to buy a webcam, but browsing through some webpages on different
brands I cannot say which ones allow disabling auto-focus. Is that a
general feature for those that offer auto-focus? Do you have any
recommendation (so I don't end up buying a webcam that does not suit me)?

Thank you very much.

Best,  Frederic Perez