[IGSTK-Users] Building IGSTK 5.2 | Unresolved itk::MRCImageIOFactoryRegister__Private()

Frederic Perez frederic.perez at alma3d.com
Mon Apr 22 09:39:08 EDT 2013

Hello igstk-users,

I've tried to build binaries for IGSTK 5.2 for Visual Studio 2012, knowing
its requirements from
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Download_IGSTK#IGSTK_5.2_Requirements

Concretely, I'm using as base libraries ITK 4.3.1 ("ITK 4.2.0 or later ")
and VTK 5.10.1 ("VTK 5.10.0 or later") generating .sln solutions with CMake
2.8.10.2 ("CMake 2.8 or later").

Unfortunately I get error messages at the linking stage, such as
2> Creating library
C:/bin/igstk/5.2/11-d-b/bin/Debug/igstkStateMachineExportTest.lib and
object C:/bin/igstk/5.2/11-d-b/bin/Debug/igstkStateMachineExportTest.exp
2>IGSTK.lib(igstkMRImageSpatialObjectRepresentation.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "void *cdecl
itk::MRCImageIOFactoryRegister*Private(void)"
(?MRCImageIOFactoryRegister__Private at itk@@YAXXZ)

Browsing the ITK source files I found the problematic function In
itkMRCImageIOFactory.cxx, in case this helps:

// Undocumented API used to register during static initialization.
// DO NOT CALL DIRECTLY.

static bool MRCImageIOFactoryHasBeenRegistered;

void MRCImageIOFactoryRegister__Private(void)
{
  if( ! MRCImageIOFactoryHasBeenRegistered )
    {
    MRCImageIOFactoryHasBeenRegistered = true;
    MRCImageIOFactory::RegisterOneFactory();
    }
}

Thanks for any feedback,

Frederic