[IGSTK-Users] help on itk 3.20.1 vs2008 compilation needed

Aiden agongheli at 163.com
Tue May 8 23:01:36 EDT 2012

Hi, Özgür:

Thanks a lot for help.

I could reproduce what you did with manually setting value of VXL_SIZEOF_SIZE_T.

I tried to include the file CheckTypeSize.cmake. But it gave me the same error. I print out the path of ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/CheckTypeSize.cmake, it is correct. Print out the value of VXL_SIZEOF_SIZE_T, error, message() could print out anything.

I did another experiment: Originally I am compiling ITK 32bit on a x64 machine. I tried to configure it on a x86 OS. This time, cmake passed. Printing out the value of VXL_SIZEOF_SIZE_T gave me a number 4. Then I moved the generated generated build directory and compiled on the original x64 machine without any problem.

I guess it is the cmake does not handle check_type_size() well on a x64 environment.

Although I got a workaround (will it pose serious problem in the road ahead?), still hope it will be resolved on x64 environment. More and more computer are installed x64 OS now.

Thanks.

Aiden