[IGSTK-Users] MR image view. Navigator example base.

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu May 6 15:33:55 EDT 2010

Hi David,

The reason why the image slice are not properly aligned is probably
because the original MR acquisition plane is not strictly orthogonal.

In the Navigator example, we use the "direction cosine (acquisition
direction matrix)" to position the image actor in the view window. The
camera view direction is always set to be orthogonal (following the
radiology convention), which will result in the problems you reported
here. Now the camera is not looking perpendicular to the image plane.

You will either need to modify the way direction cosine is being handled
in ImageSpatialObject or camera angle in View2D class to make it work
for your data.

Hope this helps,

Patrick