[IGSTK-Users] Tip and Origin Translation Coordinates

Jake McIvor jdmcivor at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Jan 22 15:19:41 EST 2010

Hey Fauze,

Glad to hear that helped.

You're right: the pivot calibration won't help directly, but it can be
used to calculate your 'calibrationTransform'.  (NDI also has a
utility for doing this and saves it directly into the .rom file).
Generally, I think it is recommended to do a pivot calibration before
each session to correct for any bending / shifting of the probe.

In the case of the 8700340 probe, +z is defined towards the 2nd marker
distal to the tip, which is likely in line with the mechanical axis of
the probe.  It that is the case, you could use a fixed translation in
the z direction instead of the inverse calibration transform to get
the coordinates of your second point.

Jake