[IGSTK-Users] dynamic clipping

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:05:54 EDT 2009

Hi Luca Ramundo,

The current igstkReslicerPlaneSpatialObject and
igstkMeshResliceObjectRepresentation class together will display the
contour of the model, which uses the vtkCutter class.

To implement the clipping function, you will need vtkClipPolyData or
vtkGenericClip classes.

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/a01241.html

Both of them can take vtkPlanes as the clipping function.

You can write a new class: igstkMeshClippingObjectRepresentation, which
uses vtkClipPolyData class inside instead of vtkCutter.

Let us know if you have any question.

Thank you,

Patrick