[IGSTK-Users] Augmented reality

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Mon Jun 29 11:04:45 EDT 2009

Hi Alvaro,

Right now the igstkPerspectiveTransform is more of a place holder than a
class that is in use. I implemented it as a data object for loading
calibration data for perspective cameras (endoscope/microscope/X-ray).

Up to this point we have not developed a framework for augmented reality
in IGSTK so we don't offer an "official" solution that is better than
your use of multiple renderers. Keep in mind that the coordinate system
tree you are creating makes sense for your application.

Adding such a framework is one of the extensions of the toolkit we will
be looking into.

               regards
                   Ziv

--
Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center

Phone: +1-202-687-7286
Fax: +1-202-784-3479
email: zivy at isis.georgetown.edu
web: http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/