[IGSTK-Users] Trackers that track individual spheres (optical) or coils (EM)

Tim Plummer plummer.junk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:24:22 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am currently thinking of trying to add some functionality to the
toolkit aimed at trackers that report individual sphere or coil
locations rather than entire tool transforms.  Specifically, the
Polaris Spectra camera has this capability.  Has anyone done any
thinking about this problem?
At first blush, I was thinking that an new TrackerTool class which
contained the fit algorithm and allowed Tool subclasses to be
instantiated under it would be the way to do this.  After some more
thought, I am now wondering if it would actually be better to created
a new Tracker class which performs the fit.  Additionally, is it
better to perform the fit each time the InternalUpdate is called or
only when the Update driven by the pulse generator is called.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Tim Plummer