[IGSTK-Users] Code broken in CVS?

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Nov 6 00:00:48 EST 2008

Hi Anka,

I made a few changes to the example application.
Please check out the cvs code and give it a try.

Below is a brief description of the problem:

Problem: Objects do not show up in the window. Camera unable to find its
focus

Cause: This is because of the single thread limit. Tracker hasn't got a
chance to update TrackerTool until the
igstk::PulseGenerator::CheckTimeouts(); get called in the main loop.

If we setup the scene graph connection as:
object --> tool -x-> tracker <-- View
View can not reach object thus unable to adjust it's focus when
ResetCamera is called.

Solution: Attach the object to the Tracker instead of TrackerTool at
startup. Switch to TrackerTool after tracking started.

Results: You should see the ellipsoid and cylinder in the window
(constant) at startup.
After tracking start, you should see them following your mouse position.
When stop tracking, they will disappear.

Thank you for your support for IGSTK!

Patrick