[IGSTK-Users] Problem to compite IGSTK Visual C++ 6.0

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Mar 27 11:20:59 EDT 2008

Hi Julio Daniel,

The configurations of these libraries look fine. I suggest that you
check two places for possible problems:

1. Make sure that the library files (*.lib) are in the ITK and VTK's
binary directory

2. Make sure that you use the same build mode for all the libraries.
CMake will put libraries of Debug build into "Binary_DIR/bin/debug" and
Release build into "Binary_DIR/bin/release".
   If you build ITK 'Only' under Rlease mode and then try to build IGSTK
under Debug, it will generate the kind of error messages you had,
because CMake will look into the "Binary_DIR/bin/debug" of ITK for
libraries but they are not there.

If you want to switch between debug and release build in your IGSTK
project, you should build ITK, VTK, and FLTK for both debug and release.
Also, for FLTK, it's better to use the CMake to generate the work space
file, and build the library using that.

Again, it will be difficult for us to help you debug the problem here,
because we don't have Visual C++ 6.0 and can't replicate the problem. We
strongly suggest you to use the 2003 or 2005 version so that we can
better assist you.

Thank you,

Patrick