[IGSTK-Users] General questions about configuring tracking with MicronTracker

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Mon Jun 9 09:14:52 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

> First, how do I attach more than one marker to my tracking tool?  If I
> use the igstkMicronTrackerTool::RequestSetMarkerName method, I can
> only attach a single marker to my tool.

In IGSTK, you can attach only one marker to a tracking tool.

Having said that, IGSTK do support multi-facet markers. A marker is made
up of single
or multiple facets.  I would think you should be able to combine
multiple markers (combine their facets)
into one maker by modifying the template file. But, I have never tried it.

Would multiple-facet marker work for you? Or do they have to be
completely separated
markers? Can you describe your use case?

> Secondly, if I attach a spatial object to my tool (like a cylinder to
> represent a needle), where does it attach?  (i.e, if I create a 200mm
> needle and attach it to my tool, will it extend 100 mm from my marker
> in one direction and 100 mm in the other, or just 200 in one direction?)

Attaching objects in IGSTK  is basically establishing a transform
between two coordinate systems.  When you
attach a cylinder spatial object to a tracking tool, you are defining a
transform between the tracking tool and
cylinder spatial object coordinate system.

-Andinet

Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
R&D Engineer
Kitware Inc.