[IGSTK-Users] CTImageReader voxel origin

Christopher Heath christopher.c.heath at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:11:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to integrate another application (in IDL) with IGSTK.  The
purpose of the IDL code is to locate the centers of fiducial markers
from a CT image.  The code outputs the x, y, and z coordinates of the
markers.  I would like to use these values with
igstkLandmark3DRegistration to register tracker space to CT space.
However, the coordinates I receive from my IDL code are offset by an
obscure amount from their corresponding values as reported by IGSTK.
(I find the IGSTK-reported coordinates using the "picker" code from
NeedleBiopsy). My CTImageSpatialObject's parent is m_WorldReference
with the Identity transform relationship between them.

In this setup, how can I determine where the origin of the CT image
is?  Is there anyway to easily transform the CTImage so that all
coordinates are positive and the origin (0,0,0) is located in the
corner of the first slice?  I cannot simply find the translation
between the two and apply it because the values I get from IGSTK are
not as precise as the ones I get from IDL.  Also, the relationship
changes for different CT Images.

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher Heath
Vanderbilt University School of Engineering
christopher.c.heath at vanderbilt.edu