[IGSTK-Users] tracking in IGSTK 3

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Tue Apr 15 09:05:45 EDT 2008

Hi Ozguar,

To help you troubleshoot the problem, can you give us high level
description
of your application? You can use the following questions as guidelines

1) What components do you have in your application? (How many tracker
tools,
     View, Image spatial object...etc)

2) How are they connected?  ( a sketch of collaboration diagram between
the components would
 be great .)

3) What is the work flow of your application?

If you provide us with the above information, we will be able to
effectively help you
diagnose the problem.

Thanks,
-Andinet

>Hello,
>
>I've written an igstk app with release 2. It works well.
>Now I'll port this app to igstk release 3.
>I'm using a PolarisTracker (1.Generation (driver written by me)) with a referenceTool. Tracking works well.
>In detail I've problems to set correctly the
>->RequestSetTransformAndParent(..,..)
>functions for the Objects Tracker, TrackerTool, ReferenceTool, ImageSpatialObject.
>

>I tried many constellations e.g. one of them
>m_ImageSpatialObject->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform, worldReference);
>//tracker init: transform = identity
>referenceTool->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform, worldReference);
>//landmark registration: transform = computed from registration
>referenceTool->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform, worldReference);
>//Tracking
>trackerTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( worldReference );
>
>this constellation didn't work.
>Is there an error in my reasoning?
>How should I set up the associations between the transforms and the object parents?
>
>please help.
>
>best regards
>
>özgür güler
>ENT clinic