[IGSTK-Users] Segmentation fault + GLXBadDrawable

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:25:29 EDT 2007

Hi Özgür,

When you say error, do you mean the following update extent error
message or something else?

 > ERROR: In

/home/ozi/Desktop/toolkits/VTK/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipel
ine.cxx, line 628
 > > > vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x116c3e0): The update extent
 > specified in the  information for output port 0 on algorithm
 > vtkImageMapToColors(0x971d90) is 0 5 11 0 511 223 223, which is
outside the whole extent 0 511 0
 > 511 0 75.

I have tested the code locally, it works on my machine.

Thank you,

Patrick

  Güler wrote:
> Hi Patrick Cheng,
>
> the error remains unfortunately adding the lines below
>
>   this->DisplayAxial->RequestRemoveObject( m_ImageRepresentationAxial );
>   this->DisplaySagittal->RequestRemoveObject( m_ImageRepresentationSagittal );
>   this->DisplayCoronal->RequestRemoveObject( m_ImageRepresentationCoronal );
>   this->Display3D->RequestRemoveObject( m_ImageRepresentationAxial3D );
>   this->Display3D->RequestRemoveObject( m_ImageRepresentationSagittal3D );
>   this->Display3D->RequestRemoveObject( m_ImageRepresentationCoronal3D );
>
> thx
> Özgür
>
> PS: CVS "Sandbox" 05.10.07 18:00 CEST
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:02:00 -0400
>> Von: Patrick Cheng <cheng at isis.georgetown.edu>
>> An: "Özgür Güler" <ozgur_guler at gmx.at>
>> CC: andinet.enqu at kitware.com, IGSTK-Users at public.kitware.com
>> Betreff: Re: [IGSTK-Users] Segmentation fault + GLXBadDrawable
>
>> Hi Özgür Güler,
>>
>> The extend update error is related to the VTK data pipeline. Because we
>> are trying to reuse the the vtkActor, when we first load a bigger image
>> and then load another smaller image. The vtkActor will try to update the
>> extent using the old extent information.
>>
>> I have committed a fix to the NeedleBiopsy program, every time it's
>> trying to add the ImageRepresentation class to the scene, it will do a
>> remove first, this will destroy the old vtkActor.
>>
>> This doesn't fix the root of this issue, but it should work just as good.
>>
>> Thank you for reporting the error.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

>> Özgür Güler wrote:
>>> No suggestions yet, again my problem. Please help
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the error occurs also, when I try to load images twice in the
>> needlebiopsy example application.
>>> I put a snippet of the statemachine output below.
>>> 1. attempt to load a image: works fine
>>> 2. attempt to load a image: I get the "LoadImageSuccesInput" but the app
>> crashes when it executes the function
>> ConnectImageRepresentationProcessing()
>>> error forcing part in the function:

>>> this->m_ImageRepresentationAxial->RequestGetSliceNumberBounds();
>>> this->m_ImageRepresentationSagittal->RequestGetSliceNumberBounds();