[IGSTK-Users] IGSTK test errors

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Apr 21 01:54:56 EDT 2006

Hi Manuel,

This is a bug in View class that has been fixed.

Before igstkView class inherited from both FL_GL_Window and
vtkRenderWindowInteractor. When the test program trying to delete a
instance of View class, the reference counting is not working properly
for its underlying VTK object. that's why there is a vtk error
message: "Trying to delete object with non-zero reference count."

This have been fixed already, but making View subclass of FL_GL_Window
and encapsulating vtkRenderWindowInteractor inside it.

The failing of these test shouldn't affect your use of this toolkit.
You can either wait for the Release 8 to come out (in a week of two),
or check out the CVS version of the code. Detailed instruction can be
found on:
http://www.igstk.org/download.htm

Let me know if you need help on the cvs access.

Patrick

The error msg:
1145574298.86567902565002441406  :    (DEBUG) Destructor() called ...
1145574298.86572909355163574219  :    (DEBUG) SetRenderWindow() called ...
1145574298.86592888832092285156  :    (ERROR) ERROR: In
/home/manuelr/Sources/VTK5/Common/vtkObject.cxx, line 137
vtkObject (0x9370960): Trying to delete object with non-zero reference
count.

1145574298.86597394943237304688  :    (WARNING) Generic Warning: In
/home/manuelr/Sources/VTK5/Common/vtkObjectBase.cxx, line 74
Trying to delete object with non-zero reference count.

-- Process completed
***Failed

Email: cheng at isis.georgetown.edu