[IGSTK-Developers] IGSTK transform

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:41:11 EST 2011

Hi Zein,

Based on your description, I am not sure if this is problem of the igstk
code or the the way calibration transform is being setup.

To verify the code, you can call *GetCalibrationTransform()* to verify
the input.

   tool->SetCalibrationTransform( toolCalibrationTransform );
   igstk::Transform toolCalibrationTransform;
   toolCalibrationTransform = tool->GetCalibrationTransform();

When you say the *rotation is not correct*, probably it's because the
assumption of the tool local coordinate system is wrong.
For instance, you might think the long axis of the tool is Z, but in
fact it's not.

Here is the graph representing coordinate system assumptions used in
IGSTK (IGSTK: The Book, page 139).  It's a good reference.