[IGSTK-Developers] Landmark 3D Registration

Zein Salah zeinsalah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 04:19:55 EST 2011

Thanks Ziv!

I actually realized that the register has nothing to do with the image itself.

I here have another question: I am using four point pairs for registering
an image to real world position. First, I got an output transform that did not
seem to generate the correct rendering. I thought that I might have imagined
the transformation conversely. So, I exchanged the point pairs,
something like this:

for (int i=0; i<fiducialsNumber; i++) {
			imagePoint[0] =  fiducial[i].fid_indata_position[0]*volSpacing[0];
			imagePoint[1] =  fiducial[i].fid_indata_position[1]*volSpacing[1];
			imagePoint[2] =  fiducial[i].fid_indata_position[2]*volSpacing[2];
			landmarkRegister->RequestAddImageLandmarkPoint(trackerPoint);

                        trackerPoint[0] =  fiducial[i].fid_world_position[0];
                        trackerPoint[1] =  fiducial[i].fid_world_position[1];
                        trackerPoint[2] =  fiducial[i].fid_world_position[2];

landmarkRegister->RequestAddTrackerLandmarkPoint(imagePoint);
}

Note that image points are fed in place of tracker positions and vise versa.
I expected to also get the inverse of the original transfromation
matrix. But this
produced an identity matrix.

Am I thinking correctly? or I am missing something ?

Best,
Zein