[IGSTK-Developers] Qt State Machine Framework

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jan 30 21:55:16 EST 2009

Read down to the discussion section,
and they talk about Kevin Gary's
presentation on State Machine validation   :-)

We should probably participate in this discussion at the Qt blog....

Keep in mind that Trolltech was acquired by Nokia,
in order to keep control of Qt and Qutopia as the
platform for smart cell phones development.

State Machine features are very attractive in such context....

      Luis

Qt Proposal for Adopting State Machines

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/01/30/qt-state-machine-framework/

Hopefully there won't be a public outcry when I claim that most Qt applications
can be described as "a set of objects that interact with eachother
over a period
of time". It's the job of Qt to provide APIs that support this
process. Today I'd
like to focus on the "over a period of time" part.

Whereas class diagrams describe structure, state diagrams describe behavior.
This is what a state diagram for a simple checkbox might look like:

» Posted by Jos
 on Friday, January 30, 2009 @ 19:28

So will this allow us to prove that livelocks and deadlocks are not possible?

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/images/4/4e/Kickoff.SMValidation.ppt