[IGSTK-Developers] IGSTK CVS write access

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Mar 17 10:12:33 EDT 2008

Hi Vincent,

Welcome to the IGSTK.

Here are some general guideline and links that will help you get started.

1. IGSTK wiki
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI
Where we put the development documentations such as requirements, design
discussion, and code reviews. We also use wiki to coordinate our
biweekly teleconference(agenda & minutes). You are welcome to join the
tcon discussion as well. Usually it starts around 9am ETS every other
Thursday and lasts about 1~2 hours.

2. IGSTK Dashboard
http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=igstk
Nightly build of IGSTK. From here, you can also link to cvs repository's
web interface and bugTracker.

3. Committing code to CVS
Once you have access to the CVS, you need to check out the source code
using your user name and password. Then you can start developing code on
that developer's copy.

We have two different policies toward the main IGSTK cvs and IGSTKSandbox.

igstkSandbox is provided for experimental code, aimed at rapid
development and prototyping. The cvs control is more relaxed here.

For any changes you want to make to the main IGSTK cvs, you do need to
have a bug tracker # in the log message. This is to ensure the main cvs
stable and keep track of code development. You can do this by creating a
new bug entry in the bugTracker, or use previously entered bug entry
number.
The style of the log message is:
   BUG: xxxx Message body     [for bugs]
   STYLE: xxxx Message body   [for style errors]
   ENH: xxxx Message body     [for enhancement]

Again, welcome to IGSTK!!

Patrick