[IGSTK-Developers] Tcon minutes

Kevin Cleary cleary at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Mar 6 20:14:45 EST 2008

Hi all

Looks like a good tcon. I was planning to listen in and did hear a few
minutes (maybe you heard the noise on the line from my cell phone midway
through the tcon) but unfortunately my dad went back into Georgetown
hospital this morning for an infection that developed after a recent surgery
so I was busy with that.

But I did want to let everyone know that I spoke to Claudio Gatti of Micron
this week and here are the key points:
1) as mentioned previously, Micron will host a demo in their booths at
upcoming meetings and we are planning on doing that. The demo will be based
on the abdominal phantom we are currently using and Micron will buy one for
themselves. We will show what we showed at SPIE (reslicing using the probe).
For fiducials for future work, Claudio suggested we could use black/white
targets that Micron could automatically pick up, but he is OK with starting
with doughnut or BB fiducials like we use now.
2) They are OK with passing out a CD of our software at their booth, but
they would like something related to Micron on the cover. This could be a
picture of the Micron demo, or perhaps they could even get a sticker that
they can add to the copies they pass out. They would also consider packaging
IGSTK with the CD they send with each tracker they sell.
3) For additional development work, I mentioned that they could do it
themselves or subcontract to Kitware. Claudio said they need to think about
this some more.

So those are the key points I was going to mention today. If I get any more
news I will share it but let us put these demos on our list of milestones.

Thanks

Kevin