[IGSTK-Developers] tracker heirarchy

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Wed Jan 23 19:00:00 EST 2008

We support the idea (as suggested a couple of times already...), and
agrees that this might not be the top priority right now.

- Frank

On Jan 23, 2008, at 10:55 PM, Andinet Enquobahrie wrote:

> Hi Ziv,
>
> This is a good idea.  It will definitely make the hierarchy
> cleaner/more elegant. However, this should not be a priority at
> this point.  We should focus instead on solidifying and testing
> thoroughly
> the functions of the classes instead of structural organization.
>
> But, feel free to add it to our wish list for the future.
> -Andinet
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After reviewing the Tracker/auroraTracker/polarisTracker classes I
>> believe the current hierarchy should be changed. Currently
>> auroraTracker and polarisTracker inherit from Tracker, all are
>> complete classes with large chunks of exactly the same code in the
>> Aurora and Polaris classes.
>>
>> I'd like to suggest that Tracker become a virtual base class. Then
>> we have NDIAuroraPolarisBase, a virtual base class for the two
>> trackers containing all the common functions. Only then do we have
>> the AuroraTracker and PolarisTracker which can be instantiated.
>>
>>                 comments anyone?
>>                        Ziv
>>

> --
> Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
> R&D Engineer
> Kitware Inc.
>
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x124
> www.kitware.com

Frank Lindseth
Research Scientist (PhD)

SINTEF Health Research
Dept. Medical Technology
N-7465 Trondheim, Norway
Location: Olav Kyrres gt. 9, 4th floor, Trondheim

E-mail: Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Telephone: +47 928 09 372
Telefax: +47 930 70 800