[IGSTK-Developers] Solved registration problem mentioned in last TCon by inverting regtransform

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Tue Jan 22 03:40:56 EST 2008

Hello.

I have found a solution to the problem I had with landmarkregistration:

I set up the scenegraph with the image, tracker, trackertool and view
like this:

image->RequestSetTransformAndParent(identity, tracker.GetPointer())
trackerTool->RequestSetTransformAndParent(identity, image);
pointerSpatialObject->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform,
trackerTool.GetPointer());

view->RequestSetTransformAndParent(identity, image);

                tracker
                 /
                / <--- Landmark Registration Transform goes here
               /
            image
             /  \
            /    \
           /      \
    trackertool   view

After registration:
image->RequestSetTransformAndParent(registrationTransform, tracker);

This resulted in a registration that moved the pointer rep further
away from the volumerendering, so
I tried to inverse the registration transform I got from
igstk::Landmark3DRegistrationTransform:

image->RequestSetTransformAndParent(registrationTransform.GetInverse
(), tracker);

This resulted in a registration that works.

Regards,
Torleif