[IGSTK-Developers] Questions on TrackerTool

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 20 15:08:08 EDT 2007

Hi Kevin,

We were discussing this morning some of the issues with the
state machine of the tracker tool, and following on Ziv's
request for completing the transition tables of all state
machine based classes.

You are right regarding the fact that the TrackerTool has not
an operational State Machine.  This is in part due to the way
in which the Tracker Tool was being used from the Tracker,
mostly as an internal helper class, instead of being exposed
to the user as a full IGSTK class the application developers.

We are currently modifying the API of the Tracker and TrackerTool
classes, and in the process we will reorganize the SM of both
classes. We have been stumbling on the actual definition of the
API, and how it will relate to the multiple reference systems
existing in the operating room.

Ziv may have more detailed comments on the status of the
state-machine-completeness review.

    Thanks

       Luis