[IGSTK-Developers] View class refactoring

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed Jul 25 16:56:02 EDT 2007

Team,

I have finished most of the work in refactoring the View classes.  Scene
generation
functionality is now completely decoupled from GUI specific
functionalities ( which
was the main motivation for the refactoring effort )

Just to give you a summary of the new classes:

igstk::ViewNew            :   This will replace igstkView class in the
main repository
igstk::FLTKWidget       :   Helper class to develop FLTK-based GUI
application
igstk::QTWidget           :    Helper class to develop QT-based GUI
application

Although the major work is done, I will be doing a lot of clean up work
such as
- Increase code coverage
- Dynamic analysis
- Densify the state transition matrices
- More testing....

However, it is now in a reasonably good shape that I would like to ask
you to take a look at it and
give me your comments.

Torleif and Frank,

Since you guys have developed QT applications using IGSTK in the past, I
would appreciate if you
would play with  the new QT widget and the refactored view classes and
give me some feedbacks.
Thank you!

To demonstrate the use of the new widgets, I have added two examples

OneViewAndTrackingUsingFLTKWidget
OneViewAndTrackingUsingQTWidget

Thanks,
-Andinet